Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smallest Brew Pub in CO

Yup. I found the smallest Brew Pub in Colorado. It just happens to be 1 mile from my house, in the suburbs, in a strip mall, surrounded by chains chains and more chains. It's pretty rare to see a non-chain in the 'burbs so I was happy to see Dad and Dude's Breweria open up right by my house. They say it's the smallest Brew Pub in Colorado and once you see it, you'll probably agree.

My wife and sons took me there for my birthday and everything was delicious. The decor is great, staff is helpful and knowledgeable and the food and beer was very good. My wife and I had a Pale Ale and I had a Black IPA, which I've never had before. Both were good, but I would have preferred more hops in both.

They use the spent grains from their beer in the pizza dough, as well as agave nectar. I was really happy with my Bootlegger pizza (meatballs, pancetta, roasted red peppers)! A solid "american"-style pie.

Probably one of the biggest surprises was that we went on a Tuesday night. Usually one of the slowest nights of any restaurant. When we got there around 6, there was a decent crowd (for a Tuesday) but by the time we left, the place was hoppin'! Great to see that. I'll definitely be back -- Drew
   



Bootlegger: Meatballs, Pancetta, Roasted Red Peppers

Penne with Marinara

Mushroom

Nice head on the Black IPA!


Dad & Dudes Breweria on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to find a fun little place like this so close to home? The pizza looks really good.

    ReplyDelete