Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chianti

Just mention "Chianti" to me and I begin to drool. The region, the food, the wine, the people. I'm not sure there's anything I don't like about it. If I can't go to Italy, then Chianti in the DTC is the next best thing (or the sister restaurant, Venice).

Chianti is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Denver. The waitstaff are excellent (love their accents), the dining room is intimate and everything I've ever had there is lovingly prepared and absolutely delicious. In fact, one of Shannon's favorite dishes in town is the Chicken Cacciatore.

I was fortunate to be taken to lunch there today by two wonderful ladies (thanks Lea Ann and Stacie!). I highly recommend you go. You won't be disappointed! -- Drew

My dish - Sea Bass with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Spinach

Lea Ann's dish - Salmon with a White Wine Sauce

Stacie's dish:
Square ravioli filled with buffalo mozzarella, fresh tomato and 
parmesan cheese tossed in gorgonzola cream sauce

One of the best desserts I've had in a LONG time - 
Profiteroles covered in chocolate mousse...  INCREDIBLE!!!


Chianti on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Well that was quick! I haven't even downloaded photos off my camera yet! Great review Drew, and thanks for introducing me to that wonderful restaurant...and those profiteroles??? OMG.

    ReplyDelete