Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Better Weather for Grilling on the Big Green Egg

 
My little trick for ribs is to dry rub them then put them in a long Food Saver bag, vacuum out the air so it pulls all the seasonings into the meat. Then put it back in the fridge for about eight hours.

I prefer a water bath under the ribs to make them extra moist. Try throwing orange peels in the water to add a little flavor.


This chicken kicked ass, I brined it for about 8 hours. I used a pretty standard brine recipe but added 5 spice and I used honey instead of sugar. Then before throwing it on the grill I violated it with a tangerine and and a half an onion. May have been the best I have ever made.


Not that bad weather has ever stopped me from grilling but this weekend was beautiful. This is my Happy Place, grilling up some awesome food, smoking a couple great cigars and having some cocktails. Cocktail of choice this weekend was the good ol' Old Fashioned - Just Bourbon, some very secret bitters I ordered online, Rock Candy Syrup with a cherry and orange zest that I squeezed and burnt the oils with a lighter as I dropped it into the glass. They go down way to easy. Can't wait for next weekend. Grillin' and Grubbin" - Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment