Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Monday, May 7, 2012

Pesto, Sausage, Mushroom Pizza

Anyone who reads this blog knows I love to cook homemade pizzas on my Big Green Egg. Well, I had a hankerin' for some this weekend so I made pizzas for my boys and me and my wife. The inspiration came from using what we had around and it turned out great!! -- Drew




Here's how I made mine...
  • Homemade dough (mine makes 3 14" pizzas)
  • Pesto (happened to be the really good stuff they have at Costco)
  • Shredded "Pizza" Cheese
  • Precooked Boulder Italian Sausage
  • Sauteed mushrooms
  • Buffalo mozzarella
  • Salt and pepper


After heating the Egg to about 450 (with the plate setter in and a spare rack under it with some foil on it to displace some of the direct heat), form a pizza on a floured pizza wheel and poke all around with a fork. Top with the toppings above and cook 1 pizza at a time, ~10 minutes per pizza. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment