Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 Margaritas and those elusive Wings

Shannon and I went to Guadalajara (3 Margaritas) in Castle Rock the other day. This is one of our favorite Mexican joints (without all the seeds...ok, bad joke). They're food is always good and fresh. We both had the Pollo Azado Burrito. It was filled with tons of fresh veggies, deliciously grilled chicken and smothered with their great pork green chili. Healthy and delicious!!

So, about those wings. I've had A LOT of chicken wings in my life. I've had them done all kinds of ways in all kinds of flavors. Personally, I bake mine on my Egg and toss with Frank's Red Hot. Anyway, we decided to get their wings and they were, honestly, some of the best tasting wings I've EVER had. The pieces were good sized, but not enormous, and cooked perfectly. The secret is the seasoning they put on it. I even asked the Manager, Modesto, what was on them and he wouldn't tell me!!! AAAHHHHH!!!

I had to try and recreate them so I made some wings the other day and used the following rub: garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, adobe seasoning, salt and pepper. Were they good? Oh yeah. Were they as good as Modesto's secret wings? Not even close. Damn you Modestooooooooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment