Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Friday, April 16, 2010

Sams No. 3

I took a couple friends to Sam's No. 3 for lunch on Wednesday (the Curtis St location). I've never been there, but I had driven by their Aurora location about 1,000 times and was always curious, so I was all in.

"Sam's No. 3™ was the third of five Coney Islands opened by Sam Armatas throughout the 1920's. It was located at 1527 Curtis Street in the heart of downtown Denver.

On Sept. 28th, 1998, Sam's son Spero and grandsons Sam, Alex, and Patrick reestablished his most famous of Coney Islands, Sam's No. 3™. "The Boys" have made a promise to each other to continue the excellent food quality and warm atmosphere started by "Mr. Sam" more than 75 years ago!"

Anyplace that serves breakfast all day is alright in my book. I can't pass up a good breakfast skillet. We were all happy with our choices. Steve had the Greek Burrito, Donna had the Yukon skillet and I had the Kitchen Sink Skillet. I didn't have to add any condiments at all. No salt, hot sauce or anything. That's a great indication that there is someone pretty skilled back in the kitchen.

The service was fine. Pretty abrupt, diner-style service, but she got everything right so no complaints.

If you're looking for a good, big breakfast, I would definitely recommend Sam's No. 3. I imagine their sandwiches and burgers are pretty darn good, too. -- Drew
Kitchen Sink Skillet

Greek Burrito

Yukon Skillet
Sam's #3 on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of it, so thanks for the review. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far the best breakfast I've had. And thats after living in Colorado(different cities), Salt lake City, and San Francisco

    ReplyDelete