Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dinner at Ann and Joey's and a dream fulfilled

Our good friends, Ann and Joey, made a fabulous beer-themed dinner for us last weekend. Thanks to Deb for helping with the menu and prep. Every single course was delicious. Great job guys!

Although the dinner and company were great as usual, Bob made this an evening I'll never forget. He recently bought a gorgeous 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera (ok, so gorgeous Porsche is redundant, so sue me). This has been my dream car since I learned what a car was and until last weekend, I had never even sat in one before. .......Sorry, had to catch my breath. I'm smiling as I'm writing this........He took me for a short ride and then I got up the courage to ask him if I could drive it. He pulled over on the way back to Ann's house and probably thought I would just go the few blocks and we'd be done. SORRY BOB! I didn't even think of that. I turned around, got acquainted with the clutch and took off. Oooooooooooooooooooooohhh, man. What a rush! My whole body was shaking and tingling. To be in such a work of art and to feel the power at your disposable was unforgettable. We didn't even get it going that fast, but what we did do was so awesome. Thank you Bob. You were my first. I'll never forget it. -- Drew

Back to the dinner. Here are the pics, but unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of the Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad and the Chedder, Sour Cream Potato Gratin. Both were Grubulicious! Thanks again!

Grilled Camembert with Belgian Lambic Peach Cherry Chutney
- I wasn't sure how I'd like the chutney, but it was
great with the soft cheese and baguette.

Broth for the Mussels
- I asked if I could just take this home with me. They
said no. Hey, doesn't hurt to ask!

Smoked Mussels in Wheat Beer
- Even the couple people that didn't like mussels
ate two servings. The broth as great with the bread.

Bread with garlic compound butter
- Oooooooh, the bread. I wish I had some right now.
That butter was devilishly good. I made some roasted
garlic butter the next night and put it in my hamburger. Yum!

Root Beer BBQ Chicken
- This was perfect. You could taste all the major
players in the sauce and the chicken was crisp
and juicy, just like it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment