Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheese and Beer


Ok sometimes even I don’t feel like cooking. I found this great Cheese shop in Centennial. It's called Fromage to Yours. It was awesome. Jackie the owner knows cheese. It was very educational for me and just a great little place. Unfortunately she will be closing her doors for the summer but she can be found at farmers markets around town. Keep an eye on her website for times and places and also check out some of the great events she is involved in. Back to the Cheese. They specialize in American made cheese only. I have always served wine with cheese, did you know beer is a much better match? And the hoppier the better when it's served with a good strong cheese. The bubbles cut through the fat on your tongue and the bitterness of the hops really complements a good Bleu Cheese. I had one from my wifes home state of Minnesota and it was top notch. It was called St Pete's Bleu and it is rated as one of the top one hundred cheeses in the world. Also serve it with a little fruit and a great fresh bread and your grubbin'. I also got a big hunk of a black pepper cheddar called Marco Polo by Beecher's Cheeses out of Seattle. They actually have a store on Pikes Place near the fish market. I had the Marco Polo with Upslope Pale Ale and it was perfect. Next time you have a get together serve beer with the cheese tray and have a nice variety of Colorado beers  - Shannon - Say Cheese

1 comment:

  1. I most definitely will watch for her at the Farmer's Market. Yum

    ReplyDelete