Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bones in Denver - Frank Bonanno does it again

BONES - This guy is good, I mean real good.


Shishito Peppers (That's fun to say, Shishito. Say it Shi-Shi-Toe)

Steamed Buns with Suckling Pig and Pork Belly

Soba with Prosciutto, Oyster Mushrooms, Snap Peas and a Poached Egg
I have not had cold Soba in a long time and man did I miss it. This was really good. Ask for the poached egg on top. The salty Prosciutto with the Buckwheat noodles is the perfect match. This is something I will crave.

Udon with Pork Shoulder and a Poached Egg
Mocha and Ginger Snap Soft Serve Swirl

Drew and I went to Bones for lunch today - this was one of the meals you never forget. It was so friggin' good that when you leave it's the only thing you can talk about for the next two or three hours. The GM Adam was very helpful and he knew his stuff. You could tell the dude has a passion for good grub too. I think this is one of those places you can close your eyes and point to the menu and land on something good, real good. - Shannon - Keep on Grubin'



Bones on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to go to Bones. We drove down to Marczyk Fine FRoods one Saturday and took a swing by, but they are closed on Sat. Thanks for this review,those Pork Belly Buns look unbelievable. Thanks for the Avanza tip, I talked about it today and mentioned you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bones.. what can I say? Fab-u-lous. They know how to construct a meal. Understated, well constructed and fun. Shishito peppers have become my household's new favorite!

    ReplyDelete