Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Monday, January 18, 2010

Drew Sister's Birthday Dinner





Had a great meal for my sister on Friday.

Manuel cooked a beautiful Prime Rib Roast. His method was different, but it worked great. High heat (~500) for 45-60 minutes, then turn it off and leave for 2 hours. Do not open the oven during this time. The roast will continue to cook and be medium to medium-rare. Don't forget the rest time after you take it out of the oven. The crust on it was sooooo good.

My brother, Grant, made Tyler Florence's Ultimate Potatoes Au Gratin. It was ridiculously good.

I made an appetizer...baguette, seared scallop, basil oil and kosher salt.

My wife made an awesome ice cream cake.

Thanks everyone! Happy Birthday, Maren!

1 comment:

  1. My picture of your App is so much better... and boy was it amazing!! Loved the basil oil!

    ReplyDelete