Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maybe I have some kind of Potassium deficiency.....



 
I love these frickin' things. I can't explain it but I have acquired a bit of an obsession with Plantains. They're easy to make and they taste amazing. I like the ones that are pretty much black and very ripe. I sautéed them in butter and oil then pulled them out for a few minute and smashed them with a plate and put the back in the pan to sauté and crisp up the edges. Then you pull them out and sprinkle with a little raw sugar and a very small hint of Hawaiian salt. It's one of those things you walk right past in the produce section but next time grab a few and let'em ripen up and you will thank me. Shannon - Grub it like you mean it

1 comment:

  1. I don't see them that often in the produce section, but did notice that Avanza had a bunch. Never tried them and have always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete