Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Monday, March 8, 2010

Shanahan's

I went out to dinner with my wife's family to celebrate her parent's 50th anniversary. We went to Shanahan's and Marc Steron and his staff took great care of us.

I had the Porterhouse and it was perfect. Beautiful crust on the outside, great flavor and cooked just the way I ordered it. The steakhouse's secret is the Montague broiler that gets over 2,000 degrees (!!). Now THAT's some high heat.

The jumbo shrimp cocktail were surprisingly tender. Many times, shrimp this size are tough but these were excellent and the sauce had just enough heat to make it interesting.

My favorite sides were the mushrooms and the Lyonnaise potatoes. The onions that accompanied both dishes were UNBELIEVABLE. In fact, they should just serve a side of those onions. They were that good.

Apparently the bread pudding was outstanding, but unfortunately, my dessert was disappointing. The marshmallow ice cream was delicious but the warmed brownie was rock hard. I love a rich, fudgy brownie and this was more of a square hockey puck. The saving grace was the hot fudge. I LOVE chocolate.

The dessert certainly didn't ruin the evening. Just about everything was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. Just what I expect from a top shelf steakhouse. -- Drew
Shanahan's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment