Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grilled Ham and Cheese

...but not just any ham and cheese. My wonderful wife bought me a Breville panini press for Valentine's Day and I didn't waste any time trying it out.

We went to Whole Foods (I forgot how expensive that place is!) and bought our favorite bread (a boule of Rustic Italian), our favorite ham (Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked...so good), and an assortment of cheeses. Tanette had some cheddar on hers and I made 1/2 of mine with Comte' and 1/2 with Manchego. I actually didn't like the Comte' too much just by itself, but in the sandwich it was really good. The saltiness of the ham balanced out the strength of the Comte'. The Manchego side was really good as well, still flavorful, but not as strong.

I've got some ham and cheese left over and I'm starving. Guess what I'm going to do?!?!? -- Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment