Grubology is now a featured blog on Urban Spoon and Zagat

Grubology Denver restaurants Zagat Featured Blog: Denver
Foodbuzz

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Brother

I've always known that my brother Grant is a good cook, but in the last year or two, I've come to appreciate just how good he is. He, like me, says "hey, I just follow the recipe", but we all know it takes skill to execute a recipe perfectly. It also takes skill to know when to change a recipe for the better.

This was apparent at our last gathering for our Mom's 70th birthday. He cooked his famous smoked chicken. The best chicken I've had...period. It takes some time, but the results are outstanding. Juicy. Flavorful. Delicious. If you want a copy of the recipe, just send me an email and I'll get it to you. (This site doesn't have the ability to attach docs as links.)

The other dish he made that night was grilled lamb with salsa verde. He marinated the lamb in the salsa verde overnight and then served more on the side. I couldn't stop eating it, it was so good. The salsa plays on the old combination of mint and lamb, but trust me, this is NOT the same mint-jelly-lamb combination. The fresh mint and balance of flavors was perfect and would go well with just about any grilled meat.

Grub on! -- Drew

1 comment:

  1. Man, that sounds so good. That lamd and the chicken for that matter would be perfect on the Big Green Egg. Grant needs an Egg.

    ReplyDelete